2012 Christmas Newsletter Released!
DEC,-10, 2012: Dear WSS Faithful, we are pleased to announce that our Christmas Year End Newsletter for 2012 was mailed out. In our newsletter we bring you the newest updates on your supported seminarians and our projects. Please download our newsletter for your reading pleasure (click here!), and send it as a pdf to your friends and family! We need you to spread the word! The need for apostolic funding is still so great. God bless!
Fr. Joseph Israel Visits Fort Wayne Indiana!
OCT-24,2012: Father Joseph Israel, Superior General of the Apostolic Life Community of Priests is coming to visit the Fort Wayne Indiana Faithful this Friday, October 26th 2012. He will be blessing us with his visit until he departs on November 1st. Please come and bring a friend, and your family to one of our Benefactor Appreciation events!
Agenda of WSS Festivities:
- Saturday, Oct. 27th - 10:00am - University St. Francis vs. Siena Heights Catholic University Tailgate and Game! Begins at 10:00AM on the Campus of St. Francis. WSS Future Board (Young Adult) Board Member, Rob "The Wrecker" Becker is playing as Defensive Lineman for Siena! At 6'4 - 310 lbs benching over 410 lbs, he is a force to watch! Fr. Israel will be giving Robert and the team a blessing. Don't miss this great game and great food!
- Saturday, Oct.27th - 5:30pm - EWTN Vocation Boom Radio Show! National Radio Host and WSS Board Member, Jerry Usher, will be hosting Fr. Joseph Israel, head of the ALCP, and John L. Becker Jr. , WSS President, for a discussion on Worldwide Seminarian Support, and the explosion of Priestly vocations in Africa! Listen live at www.RedeemerRadio.com, or locally on AM1450 in Fort Wayne!
- Sunday, Oct.28th - 9:00am - Celebration of the Holy Mass at St. Vincent de Paul Church, Fort Wayne, IN - Join us to celebrate the gift of the holy Eucharist with Fr. Israel and fellow WSS supporters and friends from Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan and Ohio.
- Sunday, Oct.28th - 1:00pm-5:00pm - Open House to Welcome Fr. Israel and Thank Benefactors - John and Patty Becker will be welcoming you into there home- 12823 Cavendish Ct. Fort Wayne, IN 46845. Join us to welcome Fr. Israel to Fort Wayne at this celebration, and hear his news on the community and the seminarians we support, along with the Catholic school we are raising funds to help expand. We also want a chance to shake your hand and visit with you over great food and drinks! You make this all possible. Thank you! The need is so great. The mission is so tremendous. Saving souls, spreading the Truth of our Catholic Faith, converting non-believers, and distributing the sacraments. There is no better cause - no more holistic and globally reaching than funding a missionary seminarian to the priesthood!
- Please call board member Patty Becker with questions, or for more details! (260)241-6009
MULTI-PURPOSE BUILDING PROJECT
The Apostolic Life Community of Priests in Moshi, Tanzania are sowing the seeds for future priests and sisters in their Catholic schools! The ALCP is seeing Muslims, Hindus, and other non-believers converting to the Catholic faith and building up children with a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Their ministries are powerful. Their school in Soweto, Tanzania in Africa has over 668 students, and is growing so fast that they are in need of a multi-purpose building. The total need is $70,000, but we have a MATCHING benefactor who will give us up to $35,000- only up to December 31st, 2012! We need your help!
*** DEADLINE EXTENDED - DEC. 31ST, 2012 ***
We have raised $26,055 as of October 24th, 2012.
The money needed to complete the project is: $8,945.
Please give generously! Donate now online!
---Your donation is doubled by a generous donor---
Each Benefactor will be remembered in a special monthly Mass at the school to thank you for your generosity. You will receive a special mass card and photo of the building in appreciation of your support.
PLEASE BE GENEROUS- THE DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 31ST, 2012 FOR MATCHING FUNDS! THE CHILDREN NEED YOUR HELP!
DONATE ONLINE - www.SeminarianSupport.org
OR MAIL YOUR CHECK TO: Worldwide Seminarian Support. 315 NE 28TH AVE UNIT C. PORTLAND OREGON 97232. All gifts are tax deductible. CALL US WITH INQUIRIES: (260)415-3458
RUN FOR AFRICA! 5K WALK/RUN – AUGUST 4TH, 2012
Thank you Indiana for your tremendous support. With our matching funds, we were able to raise $3,204.00!
God bless you- We look forward to seeing you next year!
See the pictures from the race here: RUN FOR AFRICA 2012